Transport costs reduced when purchasing
- Standard pots, and current air pruning pots, can be bulky in size and costly to freight when purchasing.
- BoostaBags fold down to a minimum size which are estimated to fit 100 bags to a box.
Efficient irrigation avoids unnecessary watering
- During the change of season and drier months, the BoostaBag is easily opened using the velcro sides to inspect the depth of irrigation penetration down the rootball, preventing both under and overwatering.
Reduced labour costs
- Alternate air pruning containers we have trialed require significant manual assembly (multiple pieces) as well as the transfer from pot to plastic bag when the trees are ready for dispatch. These assembly and transfer tasks were both labor intensive and costly.
Galvanised BoostaBag stand
- Eliminates the unnecessary cost of laying large areas of stone and alternative other makeshift stands.
AS-2303 Root Pruning
- Under the AS2303, tree roots need to be inspected and pruned before leaving the nursery.
- Considerable manual labour costs can be involved with inspecting and root pruning trees grown in hard walled pots because of poor root growth issues.
- BoostaBag’s superior design and quality root production saves both time and labour costs.
Reuse and reduce costs
- The current BoostaBag prototype has been in use since 2011, estimates are that it can be reused for approximately 10 years.
Cost savings on multiple fronts
- Current air pruning pots, plastic bags and plastic pots (if not recycled) end up in landfill at the expense of the client and even worse, the environment.
- Clients that have trialed BoostaBag indicated cost savings in the following areas:
- The planting process, less time in preparing and planting the trees,
- Success rates, less transplant stress issues.
- Easy to maintain prior to planting in their depot reducing labour and maintenance costs.
- BoostaBag design minimizes OH&S issues due to the ease of use.
- Environmentally sustainable initiatives to reduce the councils footprint, whereby the bags are returned to be cleaned and sterilized for reuse.